Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Independence Day 2012!

Happy Fourth of July!
 Our Independence Day started out bright and early at a delicious pancake feast at the Hansen house!  It is an annual tradition, but the first we've managed to be in town for, so we were super excited!





Thanks to Justin's wonderful parents for the fun time and good food!  
Then we were off to the Clearfield city parade!  My parents saved us great spots.

 We were standing right in front of a huge great in the gutter that the candy kept going down!  We covered up as much as possible with purses and chair bags, and guarded the area closely the rest of the parade.  (who wants all that free candy going to waste??)


If you can't tell, I love parades!  I may have been a little bit excited!   After this parade Justin and I ran down to the Layton City one to see our niece Ciara marching with her Cheerleading team for Layton High.  We were sure glad we didn't miss her.  Later Justin played ultimate frisbee with friends and then we were off to my parents for a wonderful BBQ!  Here's my Dad showing off his new grill.  The food was so good, I wish I could've eaten more!



 Smores were a great dessert!  Then we decided to go to the Clearfield city fireworks.  All day I had been excited to go to the Clearfield city parade and fireworks because that's what I remember doing every July when I was little.  Later on West Point City started doing parades and fireworks too, but I really wanted to show Justin what my traditions were.  Plus we do live in Clearfield now, so we figured we might as well support them.  Well I'm not gonna lie, the parade was slightly under par I think, but the fireworks did NOT disappoint!  It was 35 mins straight of a very entertaining display!  Justin was very impressed.  It was funny because halfway through the show the wind shifted and we were covered in smoke and ashes the last half of it!  It was so fun and really brought me back to my days as a kid at the fireworks!

My favorite part of the day was when we all stood for the flag coming by at the beginning of the Clearfield parade.  It brought tears to my eyes, and I couldn't stop crying.  I am so grateful for the freedoms we enjoy everyday here in this great land, and those who have and still do fight for them everyday.  I love this holiday and can't imagine it being more memorable!

1 comment:

Tina said...

So glad you are able to enjoy the summer festivities at home this year! Wish we could have joined you for the parade and BBQ, but we had our own kind of fun here. Thanks for posting and for being on top of your blog! I appreciate being able to see and catch up with your lives!