Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday to Me!

So on my birthday in March Justin told me that he was going to take me to the Zoo!  I love our local Hogle Zoo, and have so many fond memories of going there as a kid and teen.  I have NEVER been with Justin.  Ever.  We've been married 6 years, and have lived here in Utah for almost three of them.  This needed to be fixed.  So he looked online and noticed that the big new Polar Bear exhibit was opening June 1st this year!  We discussed it and decided it would be worth it to wait until after June.  So we finally went today and had so much fun!  Even though it never stopped raining.  Ever.


Justin taking his turn in one of the exhibits

I love these photos ops!  I'm pretty sure I've taken a pic like this with everyone I've dated (I know, all two other boys) and now I finally have one with Justin!

The Elephants put on quite a show for us while they were doing some training exercises!   

 Me with my all time favorite animal at the Zoo, the tigers.
We had a delicious feast of burger and rice bowl- Yum! (it better have been good, it was expensive enough!)

Believe it or not, I didn't write this on his lunch. (he didn't either) 

 This Cockatoo (I think?)  was hilarious.  When we walked by the first time I said hello to him.  Well he said it back!  Then I said pretty bird, which he repeated also.  I was laughing so hard and the bird started laughing too!  It was sooooo funny.  So we had to stop by again on our way out to chat again.  Loved it!!
It seriously rained the whole day.  I was not too happy about that, but at least we looked halfway decent and had a lot of fun!


 The new Polar bear exhibit was cool!  The polar bear kept doing the same thing over and over.  He would dive down in the water and then come up right up against the glass in front of all the kids.  Apparently it is a hunting move, and he only does it when kids are there.  So basically he wants to eat all the kids!   It was fun to watch though!




Justin with one of the Grizzlies in the background.  

Of coarse the traditional "Oh no, the Lion's gonna eat my head" shot at the fountain.


Thanks so much Justin, for a really fun belated birthday present!  I had a blast even though we were soaking wet by the time we left.  I truly love watching the animals and reading all the info about them.

No comments: