Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Garden update and other June happenings...

Well some exciting things have been happening in our neck of the woods.  First there is this adorable picture I took of my parents the night before they went to Trek.  Trek is a re-enactment of the Mormon pioneers.  My parents went as a "Pa and a Ma" of 8 youth in their area.  They said it was a great experience.  I'm jealous!  Neither Justin or I have ever gone on Trek, so hopefully someday we will get the opportunity.  PS Mom and Dad, I love this picture, hopefully it will show up on you Christmas card next year hint hint :)

Next an update on our garden this year!  As you can see our tomato plants are thriving.  We are already getting green fruit growing on the vine.  Our peppers are not as big as we'd like them to be yet, but we kinda had trouble with them last year as well.  We're still learning :)   

 Our Zucchinis are thriving and we have already eaten one yellow zucchini and picked two more tonight!  I like growing zucchini because it makes me feel like I'm an excellent gardener!



Justin and Russell- Wait the water's way deeper than that!!  They must be magic!
 This last weekend we went up to Camp Loll.  Unfortunately we ended up bringing two fully charged cameras and no memory card for either one!  So not helpful. For now I'll have to make do with two pictures I stole from my friend Kira's Instagrams on Facebook!  
Kira and I in the old tilty house we pass every trip into camp.  Talk about creepy- we didn't dare to go inside!
So our trip to Camp was much needed.  There are a ton of changes and busyness going on in our lives right now (my new calling, being super busy at work (both of us) being so dang hot in Utah, not enough outside time, etc etc)  Writing it out, it really seems like I'm being a wimp and should not be so stressed.  Either way it was nice to take a 4.5 hour car ride with my favorite person in the world, and go home.  To our home in the wilderness where many of our best friends were waiting for us.  It is a nice feeling to see someone's face light up when they see you and to realize that you are missed.  Because we both certainly miss being up at Camp for the friendships, the beauty and the general simpleness of life that accompanies it.  I needed to breathe that mountain air and remind myself that everything is okay, and that life is great.   So great. :)

1 comment:

Tina said...

Your garden is thriving! And, I have to tell you, a couple weeks ago after reading your post about your garden, it motivated me to start a garden (my first one ever!). A garden is one of those things that I have wanted to do "when life settled down", but I'm coming to the realization that life isn't going to be settling down any time soon, and it is best to just do it! The kids and I picked out some seeds and plants and got to work! I'm not expecting anything great to come of it (since we planted at the end of June in Texas), but we had to start somewhere! Thanks for being a great gardening example for us! (Okay, that was a long post!)