Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Change...

So if you didn't already know, Justin and I have a big love of the Scouting program.  We've worked on staff at Boy Scout Camps, and for the last couple of years Justin has been the Scoutmaster of our ward.  I've also been working in scouting, but with the 8-10 year old boys called Cub Scouts.  I've been the Cubmaster for two and a half years now!  I've loved every minute of it!  It has been hard for me not to post pictures, but since they aren't my kids, I didn't (and still don't) feel like I can post pictures of them for all to see.  So if you are wondering how this could be a big part of my life yet I didn't blog about it- there you go.  Also, you know my track record the past couple years.  I'm not the best at keeping up to date on blogging, although I do feel I'm doing much better lately :)   Here's a couple of pictures that don't have other people's kids in it...










So last Sunday, our Bishop wanted to meet with us after church. I honestly didn't think much of it. I was called to be the Young Women's...... President! I was so shocked I cried! I had been feeling the spirit so strongly that day anyway, so I felt like I had pretty much cried all day. Anyway I am so excited to work in the Young Women's program! For those who don't know it is for girl ages 12-18 and I will be working with all of them, but more specifically 16-18 year olds....So excited!



3 comments:

Cassie said...

Okay, I am finally caught up on your blog. Maybe I should catch up on mine now! It was fun reading about all of your adventures and remembering the ones we got to experience with you!
P.S. you didn't blog about the cruise!

Amy Lyne said...

Awesome Lauren! I've never worked with the Young Women but we get to plan Youth Conference this summer for our ward and I am so excited!

Tina said...

Oh wow Lauren!! That is great and you will do an awesome job!!! But it will definitely be different working with teenage girls than BOYS! Good luck! I know the Lord will bless and inspire you as you seek for His guidance.