Monday, June 11, 2012

6 Years and counting...

 This is my excited face, just finding out where my weekend was taking place!  Justin planned a surprise getaway for us to celebrate our 6 year anniversary last week.  Yes, 6 years people.  I feel so old!!!  Anyway so he told me on the way out the door that we were going to stay at the Zermatt resort in Midway!  It is a Swiss resort.  It was so fun!  There was festive music always playing outside, and it was decorated so cute.

Here's the view out of our balcony.  Justin's kinda hiding it, but the outdoor pool was right behind him.  It had an indoor pool connected by a little swim through channel.  And the hot tub had a big waterfall.




Some views of the Villa.  Full kitchen and dining, a fireplace and two huge TV's...




We went to a great Mexican restaurant for dinner.  We wrote each other messages on our table.  If you can't tell, Justin's a talented artist.  The orange and yellow drawing is a fire symbolizing how hot I am.  Yes I know, even after 6 years :)



Enjoying our snuggly robes after a nice swim.




Justin made us a gourmet breakfast of sweet orange rolls, eggs and hashbrowns.  It was so yummy.  Then we were off to spend the day in Park city.  We went on the Alpine slide first, and then did something we almost never do... Shop.  







I can't ever resist taking pictures of clouds.  They are gorgeous!

Yes this is my name in large print on a building!  I've always loved seeing Ralph Lauren stores anywhere, cause I'll admit it makes me feel a little special.  It always reminds me of my older brother Reed.  I'd get so excited when I saw Ralph Lauren on something and I'd say, "look, my name!"  To which he'd promptly reply, "what, Ralph??"  Makes me smile :)



All of our booty from our shopping spree.  Seriously we never do this, but they happened to have a lot of stuff really cheap that we'd been needing for a while.  Plus I couldn't say no to getting Justin a new handsome suit (not pictured) and my favorite, two new shirts, one of which says "I hike you"  with a heart...  Summer fun here we come!!

So I know this is an anniversary post and I should talk about all the lovey doveyness of wedded bliss, but I kinda feel like I did a lot of that in my last post...  Plus anyone who really knows us, knows that we are both very glad we're together and plan to keep it that way.  Forever :)  Love rocks!


One of our first pictures together back in 2005.








Trip up to Camp Loll 2005, to get engaged!!!  We look soooo young here!

 December 2011

April 2012  :)

5 comments:

Tia said...

Happy anniversary! You guys rock together, looks like you had a great weekend. Lauren you look beautiful as always and I just say Justin's hair is looking spectacular :)

Tia said...

*CAN I just say...

Sarah Mildon said...

Happy anniversary Lauren! I agree with Tia, you look gorgeous. I'm glad you had a fun getaway. I love Zermatt. It is such a fun place. I went once for a weekend with Bryce and another time with my mother in law and sisters in law for a girls weekend out.

Amy Lyne said...

Fun! I can't believe you were up in our neck of the woods and didn't stop to say hello! Okay, I guess that is okay when you are celebrating your anniversary!

Tina said...

Glad you were able to get away! The scenic mountain pictures make me homesick! Plus, knowing that it isn't over 100 degrees in the pictures, yes, I am homesick and tired of the HOT heat!!!
Happy Anniversary! Glad you could go shopping and get some fun and needed things. Sometimes retail therapy feels SO good!