Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 2012

Well I already posted about St. Patty's day this year, but some other fun things happened in the month of March!
We went to the Festival of the Colors in Springville.   It is a Hindu Krishna Celebration of Spring!  We've had many friends go in the past, so we thought we'd give it a try.  We had so much fun! 


We went with Sadee our niece, and two of our good friends Aaron and Jedd.  It was fun to see all the people there to celebrate spring and just having fun.  Music was playing, and everybody was jumping and dancing.  There were even kids there.  The basic gyst of it is that every two hours they have a countdown and everyone throws powdered colors in the air, or on each other.  We missed the countdown by a couple of blocks (we had to walk at least 2 miles to get there as it was SO crowded) but it was cool to see it and there was still plenty of colors thrown on us when we got there, as you can see. 

The Krishna Temple is a beatiful building, even amidst the permanent dust in the air that day. 



And the Balloon Fairy found her way to our house for my birthday!!  The Balloon fairy would come to my room every birthday growing up.  That way every birthday morning I would wake up to crepe paper and balloons hanging in my bedroom and it would remind me how special that day was!  I was so excited she found her way to our house again! 

For my birthday Justin and I went hiking up Adams Canyon. It was fun to chat the whole hike, and also get outside after what seems like a long winter.  (It wasn't really that bad of a winter, so I really shouldn't complain )


I can't believe I'm 27 now.   Well here's to getting older and wiser. Hopefully :)

No comments: