Saturday, May 5, 2012

April's Happenings.... To the East Coast :)

This month started out with a great Easter Sunday. I was asked to give a lesson on Easter for the Young Women youth of our ward Easter Sunday. I was very nervous, but it turned out great. I really felt the spirit, and I know that preparing and giving that lesson helped me to really appreciate what the Easter season is really about. Our Savior Jesus Christ. That afternoon we had an awesome dinner at my parents house with them and Grandma Jackie. The Food and company was great, and the sun even made an appearance for a great spring porch sit. :)

Grandma had gotten up super early Easter morning and "Peeped" my parents lawn anonymously.  My Mom and I are Huge Peep fans... Luckily she revealed that it was her before the evening was over, because it was sure a mystery :)


I got to make my co-worker Lee Ann a birthday cake, and practice my cake decorating skills :)  It was fun, but the best part was definitely eating it! 

In April my cousin on my Mom's side, Lisa was getting married in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  So we decided to make a trip of it!  We hardly get to see that side of the family, and I couldn't wait for Justin to meet everybody.  (It's only been almost 6 years that we've been married, and he still hasn't met most of my cousins on that side.)


We took a "red eye" flight from Salt Lake to Orlando, stopping in LA, (weird right?)  It turned out to be quite exhausting, but I love flying so it was just another adventure!


It was cool to wake  up and see this view out the window...  I am truly a nature obsessed person, and seeing the clouds from up here was breathtaking. 


We rented a car and headed to my brother's house in Florida to pick up a car for my parents.  Then we started the 7ish hour drive up near Myrtle Beach SC, where we were staying.  After a long flight through the night, we were pretty tired of sitting at this point.  But it was fun seeing the different landscape and beauty that this part of the country has to offer. 






As always I love clouds, so I got a few good shots on our drive.








After awhile we stopped for lunch at good Ole Burger King.  It came equipped with a crown AND a boot scraper :) 









This is the Renfroe girls in the kitchen.  My mom has three sisters, only two of which are pictured here with her.  (We missed you Aunt Connie!)  Here they are making their Mom's pineapple upside down cake recipe.  Janet is in the background (this is her beautiful kitchen) Mom, and Aunt Pat.  They live so far apart, it is truly rare to have any of them together :)

We had so much fun blowing bubbles with Cousin Christie,



and catching fish with Uncle Jim. Dad unfortunately caught a turtle accidentally, but he ended up being fine after a minute with the pliers!


They had all kinds of fun Surf and Beach shops to look around in, even one with a shark for an entrance! I couldn't pass that opportunity up!

It was fun to see how Justin's growing hair reacted to the humidity!!



We even had the chance to go parasailing while we were there. Thanks Donnie! It was a blast. We saw a ton of Jellyfish and even a huge Manta Ray!
We really didn't take many pictures at the actual wedding or reception, because we were just having too much fun!  My nephew wanted to dance with me all night, which was fun.  That made my niece want to dance with me too, so it was just a busy busy night!  A big thanks to our wonderful family for the great time we had, and to welcome a new "cousin" in!


















1 comment:

Tina said...

I love that Grandma peeped the parent's yard! So funny!
And it was SO great spending time with you two!! I have a ton of pictures at the reception of you with the kids (since being with YOU was their top priority), as well as some other pics. We need to do a photo swap (I need some from parasailing and have a ton to give you. Thank you over and over again for being so caring with the kids. I think if Gage weren't related to you he would want to marry you in a heartbeat :) I know it can be overwhelming being the favorite aunt, but I really appreciate all the time you spent with them!