Monday, November 5, 2012

Missionaries!

With the exciting announcement at conference about the age requirement for LDS missionaries changing you can read about here:  http://www.lds.org/church/news/church-leaders-share-more-information-on-missionary-age-requirement-change?lang=eng  and with a TON of my camp friends leaving for missions since the end of the summer, missionary work has really been on my mind lately.  I should have gotten more pictures of the dashing young men that have just left, but sadly only thought of it and had the opportunity a couple of times.  I'll do my best to work with what OTHER pix I may have on file of these great Elders. 

Starting in September, our good friend Jon had his farewell address.  He is going to Washington State. The cool part was his older brother (also a camp friend) had just come home from his mission in Chicago and spoke in the same meeting! It was awesome to see Jacob again, and so neat that his brother is going to serve too!

Then the next week it was Andrew's turn to speak.  He is going to serve in Guatemala.  Andrew did a great job speaking, and will be a great missionary!   Andrew was there on staff at Camp Loll both years that I worked there, so I know him pretty well.  He's like another younger brother to me.  And he got to come with us on our Teton Adventure in August, which was awesome!




 That same day, Christian gave his farewell address.  He is going to Ukraine I think?  Hey give me a break if I don't remember exactly where everyone's going.  I'm pretty sure Christian's going to Ukraine.  He did an awesome job speaking and Camp won't be the same without his enthusiam and wit...  :)


Next is Sawyer.  He is such a stud.  Sawyer got called to serve in Brazil.  We missed his farewell address as our friends beautiful baby was being blessed at the same time.  But I'm sure it was amazing.  As you can see in these pictures, Sawyer is like a "younger" but bigger brother to me.  The people of Brazil are lucky to have him, and I'm sure he's already working hard :)


This was in a skit we did.  Sawyer was supposed to be the Sun "beating" down on me.  He was really good at it :)


Some other people that we love just got their mission call! Justin's parents just got called to serve in the Nauvoo Illinois Mission!  They will be leaving next year.  We are so excited for them.  They have waited a long time to be able to serve and we hope we can come visit Nauvoo while they are there.
And last but certainly not least, there's my favorite missionary who's about to celebrate being out for a year.  (well in a couple months.)  My brother Derek!  Elder Gann is busy spreading the word out in Ghana Africa.  I'm so proud of him! 

1 comment:

Jodi said...

that is a lot of missionaries!