Wednesday, September 12, 2012

End of an Epic Journey


 And on to our last day of the journey.  Our hardest and longest day I think!  But it was so beautiful.  I know I keep saying that, but the pictures don't even began to touch the beauty and splendor that we encountered on this trip, not to mention the massiveness of most of the peaks we were hiking next to.  The shear magnitude is hard to fathom, but it was soooo cool. 
 The flowers were so plentiful!  I was surprised it being this late in the season, but grateful.  I love flowers!
 Looking back at Alaska Basin.  Sadee is so pretty!  Oh yeah, and hardcore!



 I love this guy!  I'm always thanking my lucky stars that I got to snag this handsome Hansen.  He takes me on so many adventures, and I'm so grateful!  That is Sunset Lake in the background here. 
 Niece and Uncle!
 Totally winking from the bright sun in this picture.  Battleship Mountain!  This one's for my Dad!
 All of us!!  This was a rough day because we had to hike like over 14 miles, and most of it was downhill.  We definitely took more pictures in the morning when we weren't feeling like dying...  (well at least I did by the end :)

 One of the favorites of the trip! That is school room glacier lake right next to us.  It usually has more ice in it, but it had melted by this point. 

Brothers!



Hansen's Rock!
These are trees with Wolf's Bane in them.  (I think that's what it's called.)  It looked so haunted!  (Hence my facial expression :-/

Our first Moose sighting!  A Cow and a calf.  This was good for two reasons.  I haven't seen a moose in the wild since I was like 14 years old, and it was a good distraction so that I could go find a place to pee, and not hold everybody up!  :)  Oh backpacking, I don't miss the peeing part :)
So many cascading waterfalls in Cascade canyon.  Go figure!

A Pika (sp)
The Bull Moose!  He was a Big one!
This is the last picture we took!  Sadee and I in front of Hidden Falls.  This is where we decided that some of us would take the ferry across Jenny Lake to go get the cars, and the rest of us would hike around Jenny Lake (about 2 more miles) to the parking lot.  I got to hike around.  Well some of us hiked.  Sadee and Ian ran back, (because they are insane like that) and apparently had the energy.  By this time my feet felt like they had been beaten with a wooden spoon, so I graciously walked.  It was fun and hard and amazing.  I am so glad I had the opportunity to go on this trip!  As always being out in the wilderness strengthens my testimony of God and his creations.  I am so thankful for a healthy body that can carry my to these wonderful places!  Woohoo, on to our next adventure.  Not sure what that is, but there is always something exciting happening in our lives. (Mostly because I'm married to Mr. Adventure :)

1 comment:

Taylor said...

super friggin awesome. so great. wish we were there.